Saco Heath Workday – Request for Assistance
2. Deck 225 feet of boardwalk
3. Transfer 300 pre-cut decking boards from the parking lot to the middle of the Heath
4. Clean up old sections of boardwalk and transfer them back to pile
5.Fill in holes and damage in Forest Section of Boardwalk that have appeared in the last month.
What is needed? An small platoon or company or battalion of energetic Sherpas to ferry decking to the last 225 feet of newly constructed boardwalk.
Please contact Parker Schuerman, Southern Maine Preserve Manager, if you can help!
When: Friday, 21 October 2011 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (or whatever time you can support)
What to bring: Boots (preferably waterproof), an empty large backpack (for transferring 38″ decking boards), lunch, snacks, a water bottle and a good attitude. If you are interested in fastening down decking, you should bring hip waiters, or tall waterproof boots, as the Heath is quite soggy and water along the boardwalk can be up to 2.5 feet deep.
Weather: Friday is supposed to be sunny…but watch the forecast, we will be there rain or shine.
Saco Heath from Maine Turnpike:
• Take Exit 36 (formerly exit 5) off I-95/Maine Turnpike
• Take the first exit after the tollbooth and turn left onto Industrial Park Road
• Turn right onto Route 112, Buxton Road
• Follow Route 112 about two miles
• The parking lot for the Saco Heath Preserve will be on your right in a wood area